Monday, March 23, 2009

Stash Update...

I finally took a trip with some great friends into Manhattan yesterday to Knitty City . The trip was long overdue but just what I needed to break up the work week. I needed to find the perfect color in Cascade 220 to knit up a bag that I'm in the middle of designing. I ended up falling in love with a beautiful shade of Baby Rose Heather #9442. I was quick to grab enough yardage and keep moving.


I kept passing by the Malabrigo yarns beside the register and ended up buying the first skein of laceweight I picked up. I wanted a delicate color that would suit something I have in mind for the summer. This one reminded me of a cremesicle. I believe the color is Kettle Dyed Solid # 72 Apricot. Honeslty, who isn't in love with this yarn?


Lastly I wanted to pick up enough yarn to work out a pattern for a lacey shrug I'm working on. I wanted a somewhat neutral color that would work over a pale camisole or dress. I decided on Koigu Premium Merino Semi Solids in a wonderful light shade of brown #1303 dye lot #34. I can't wait to give these my full attention.

This morning was back to normal with the kids as usual. Though I had lots of new yarn to play with at naptime, and I just couldnt help myself. Hopefully I'll have enough time this week to finish everything I have on my agenda. Now, I'm excited for some springtime knitting.

10 comments:

VictoriaG said...

Ahhhh...Malabrigo, be still my heart! I have that lovely apricot shade...a gift from my sis :-) Have a delightful time with your new yarns.

Alice Seidel said...

Your yarns are the same colors as mine! Don't you just love all you find in your LYS? I hope you will share the lacy shrug pattern with us.

Anonymous said...

I'm down with apricot anything (including apricots!). Lovely choices.

Aunt Kathy said...

I have yet to see or touch malabrigo in person, but I WILL change that injustice this year, lol

Jill L said...

What beauties!

Unknown said...

It Ed Hardy Bags was Ed Hardy SPECIALS such Ed Hardy Belts an Ed Hardy Kids Clothing easy birth Ed Hardy Kids T Shirts Szabo says Ed Hardy Active Wear I Ed Hardy Mens T-Shirt was in Ed Hardy Mens Tops the Ed Hardy Mens Hoodies pains Ed Hardy Mens Jeans of Ed Hardy Swim Trunks labor Tiffany and co Bracelets for Tiffany and co Bangles about Tiffany and co Pendants qwe Tiffany and co Earrings aardtz Tiffany and co Necklaces or five Tiffany and co Rings hoursthen Tiffany and co Cuff Links I pushed Tiffany and co Key Rings once Tiffany and co Sets and he Tiffany Bracelet popped out Tiffany Bangle Read more Tiffany Pendant about the Tiffany Necklace Szabos links of london sweetie fight links of london heart charm to have Links London Charms the birth

Anonymous said...

Windows 7 key
windows 7 product key
buy Windows 7
Windows 7 CD key
Windows 7 serial key
Windows 7 serial number
windows 7 keys

Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 7 Enterprise
Windows 7 Home Premium

Windows 7 Professional product key
Windows 7 Ultimate product key
Windows 7 Enterprise product key
Windows 7 Home Premium product key

Windows 7 Professional key
Windows 7 Ultimate key
Windows 7 Enterprise key
Windows 7 Home Premium key

boffee said...

moncler jacken

chaquetas moncler
chaqueta moncler
Dsquared shoes
felpa dsquared

Desquared

Disquared

Dsquared said...

While the others nvbghaga hold small Oakley Frogskins are safer, for they are not so easy to fall over. However, the fact is Oakley Frogskin that the sizes of Cheap Oakley Sunglasses frame should be determined by each specific condition, because the pupil of both Oakley Jawbone should be kept in line with the optical center, so that their vision can be corrected to the most extent. Vision Oakley Jawbones of too big frame would lead to blur vision, dizziness and eye ache, while Oakley sunglasses of too small frame would affect the normal development of facial forms.

Clifford said...

apartments rental
duplex rent
printable birthday cards
English French dictionary
healthy chicken recipes
patio furniture Toronto
Toronto furniture stores
sweet quotes
real estate agents
astrological signs changed