Friday, September 4, 2009

Another Blanket...?

When you have two babies your going to have to make two blankets. I woke up early this morning and started working on Ella's blanket before the kids got up. When Victor finally came into the living room he asked me when I was going to make him his "Birthday Blanket". My heart melted and I promised that I would make him one as well. After we all had breakfast he sat on my lap and we went through different patterns on Ravelry. He was so excited to see that they had a fish blanket. We had to run some errands today so I stopped by our local A.C. Moore and we picked out some big boy colors. At this point I wish I had a few extra hands to knit these things. I'm using a US size 6 and looking at 50+ knitted fishies.


I also saw these wooden letters that were on sale. They're about 5" high and couldn't pass them up. I know after I paint them they'll be perfect over the toddler beds.


I pulled out some of my mural paints and brushes when we got home. I had really forgotten how much I had. I haven't painted one in over a year an a half. Most of my brushes and paints came from an artist's garage sale. One of my luckiest finds, half of them have never been used.


The kids want me to paint them each a scene on their bedroom walls. Victor wants a whole Disney's Cars theme and Ella can't get enough of Dora the Explorer these days. It should be a lot of fun and I can't wait to show you the progress. The floors are going down today in the apartment so I can start sketching the walls next week.

11 comments:

Katidids said...

love the color mix you have chosen. Knitting would not be the issue, sewing together...not thats another storey!

Renee said...

Very nice colours for the fishs blanket. Happy knitting!

Anonymous said...

Aww, the blanket will be lovely. :) My mother made me a patchwork blanket, and promised my sister one before she grew up. She's 22 now. I feel kind of bad for her. I really treasure mine, though, I swear it has magical warming properties because of all the love knitted into it!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That is so sweet. I love the idea of getting up early and knitting before the rest of the house is up. I found your blog via WhipUp and I'm jsut enchanted. And TOTALLY inspired. I adore the posy pin cushion, it's wonderful. I'd love to link to it if you didn't mind.

Chelsea said...

I've been enjoying reading your blog and love the beautiful photos. I am very excited too see these blankets completed.

Anonymous said...

ugg boots ugg boots
As Seen On TV As Seen On TV
Video Game AccessoriesVideo Game Accessories
Laptop Batteries Laptop Batteries
ed hardy clothing ed hardy clothing
Abercrombie And Fitch Abercrombie And Fitch
tiffany jewellery tiffany jewellery
links of london links of london
links london links london
sweetie bracelet charms sweetie bracelet charms
links london charms links london charms
links charms links charms
charm bracelets charm bracelets
pandora pandora
pandora bracelets pandora bracelets
pandora charms pandora charms
charm bracelets pandoracharm bracelets pandora
pandora bracelets ukpandora bracelets uk
North Face Mens JacketsNorth Face Mens Jackets
the north facethe north face
north face jacketnorth face jacket
north face jacketsnorth face jackets
north facenorth face
north face outletnorth face outlet
north pole clothingnorth pole clothing
north face bootsnorth face boots
north face salenorth face sale

boffee said...

Dsquared
herve leger strapless
herve leger
bandage dress
herve leger bandage dresses
herve leger bandage
herve leger dress
herve leger dresses

weddingdresses said...

The Sol Surf Series is returning to Mount Maunganui after a one-year hiatus.
Thanks to naming rights sponsor, power balance bracelet, the Power Balance Pro will see the biggest names in New Zealand surf head to the event to compete February 12-13.
winter boots
nike running shoes

Unknown said...

My spouse and i acquired our vytrqpn chosen Oakley Sunglasses Cheap in pretty diminished selling price using plenty discounted, My spouse and i personalized this Half X Oakley now. Generally there could possibly always be various other superior ways to invest in some economical Oakley Sunglasses Discount , this means you could select your current expertise in getting Sale Oakley Sunglasses using people, by doing so, folks will certainly further more than likely get some Oakley Jawbone at the lessen price tag. Firmoo would Oakley Stpl Jawbone be the speediest raising online network retailing economical on the other hand exceptional health professional prescribed Half X, Oakley Sunglasses Outlet along with eye wear.

Unknown said...

You've got as a final point look vytrqpn to the understanding for you to call for understanding cups. The good Oakley Frogskins news is, about to catch by yourself. While little one Boomers get into centre get older throughout droves, further Oakley Frogskin stores are generally answering and adjusting his or her requires, with their more rapid getting electrical power. as a consequence, the chances throughout understanding Cheap Oakley Sunglasses are generally unlimited! Users are generally zero expanded relegated for you to having your wire-rimmed 50 % eye Oakley Jawbone throughout the conclude in the nasal, along with holding an outside set of two Oakley Jawbones pertaining to understanding while using sun's rays.

Cosmo said...

Thank you for the article, really useful data.
slip and fall | abusive relationship signs | Ecuador map