Thursday, September 3, 2009

What We've Been Up To...

I can't believe that it's already September! Where has the summer gone? I guess time slips away when you're working towards something everyday. Entire weeks go by and not much gets finished. Though I'd say we're about 80% done with the apartment by now.

Lately I've been keeping my hands busy with little projects here and there. I've started one of two Shedirs that I'm knitting for some friends before it gets cold. I went to a yarn store while on the Island this week and was hoping to find some Rowan Calmer but they didn't carry it. I wanted to start the hat right away so I settled for some Filatura Di Crosa Zara Solid in a light beige. They didn't have a dark grey that my other girlfriend asked for in Zara but they did in Zarina by the same brand. Zarina is more of a true sport weight rather than the dk that the pattern calls for. After checking my gauge it seemed to be working out so I casted on. After about 3 pattern repeats it's very stretchy and I think it will fit well. Fingers crossed!


My daughter had asked me to make her a blanket for her birthday on October 6th. It might be finished, it might not. I haven't made a granny square blanket since I first started learning how to knit and crochet. I wanted to make this one very special and decided on colors that will grow with her. This is a quick picture taken at night, my white balance is off so the colors might not be as true as I'd like but I'll keep taking pictures as I work on it. Each square is about 3"x 3".



The Fruit Cloths are all knitted up and blocked. All I have to do is take some photos tomorrow morning and design the pdf file. They might be up late tomorrow evening if I can find some help with the kids. Either way they will definitely be availible by Sunday. They are fantastic!


I feel like I've been trying to take on too much, hence the absent posts lately.I have tons to knit for baby showers, birthday gifts and charity. I can't even think about Christmas yet. I think this year I'm strictly going to gift to family. This way I can still find some time to design. I've been working on a calender for 2010 and hopefully a book by the end of next year that will cover knits for the whole family and home. I'm very excited and can't wait to devote some much needed kniting time.

15 comments:

Katidids said...

Oh Congrats on the book! Wonderful colors for the baby blanket, those are so warm and cozy. If you ever need a test knitter, let me know. I'd be happy to help

Unknown said...

I love that blanket. Have always wanted to make one. What yarn and size hook did you use? How did you attach the squares?

Ariel said...

How wonderful that your daughter requested a blanket. I love when my kids actually ask for something handmade.

Can't wait to hear about the book.

Renee said...

That's such a pretty blanket for your daughter, I'm always awed when my kids request anything knit.

Wow - a book is mega exciting!!

Vânia Guenther said...

Hello!

Kris, before Christmas that just anything for Halloween!

Hugs

Vânia G
Brasil

Windows live translation

Nancy Rains said...

The colors in the blanket are great and I know how great it is when you kids wants something that you make.

I can't wait to see the fruit cloths and also the flower set. I hope they are ready soon also.
I have really enjoyed making the baby set they are wonderful for a shower gift.
thanks for all of your great patterns.
Nancy

Debbie1085 said...

Ella's afghan is gorgeous... Can you tell us what color you used or what yarn you selected? It's hard to see the color from the picture... How big is the square and is there a pattern you used? Victor's fishy afghan is going to be really cute when it is all done...

Vicki Suan said...

Did you say a book? Yay! I can't wait. But whatever you do, don't stop designing those wonderful cloths. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets excited everytime a new set comes out. thanks so much for your lovely designs.

Anonymous said...

ugg boots ugg boots
As Seen On TV As Seen On TV
Video Game AccessoriesVideo Game Accessories
Laptop Batteries Laptop Batteries
ed hardy clothing ed hardy clothing
Abercrombie And Fitch Abercrombie And Fitch
tiffany jewellery tiffany jewellery
links of london links of london
links london links london
sweetie bracelet charms sweetie bracelet charms
links london charms links london charms
links charms links charms
charm bracelets charm bracelets
pandora pandora
pandora bracelets pandora bracelets
pandora charms pandora charms
charm bracelets pandoracharm bracelets pandora
pandora bracelets ukpandora bracelets uk
North Face Mens JacketsNorth Face Mens Jackets
the north facethe north face
north face jacketnorth face jacket
north face jacketsnorth face jackets
north facenorth face
north face outletnorth face outlet
north pole clothingnorth pole clothing
north face bootsnorth face boots
north face salenorth face sale

Anonymous said...

Windows 7 key
windows 7 product key
buy Windows 7
Windows 7 CD key
Windows 7 serial key
Windows 7 serial number
windows 7 keys

Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 7 Enterprise
Windows 7 Home Premium

Windows 7 Professional product key
Windows 7 Ultimate product key
Windows 7 Enterprise product key
Windows 7 Home Premium product key

Windows 7 Professional key
Windows 7 Ultimate key
Windows 7 Enterprise key
Windows 7 Home Premium key

boffee said...

Dsquared
herve leger strapless
herve leger
bandage dress
herve leger bandage dresses
herve leger bandage
herve leger dress
herve leger dresses

Unknown said...

My spouse and i acquired our vytrqpn chosen Oakley Sunglasses Cheap in pretty diminished selling price using plenty discounted, My spouse and i personalized this Half X Oakley now. Generally there could possibly always be various other superior ways to invest in some economical Oakley Sunglasses Discount , this means you could select your current expertise in getting Sale Oakley Sunglasses using people, by doing so, folks will certainly further more than likely get some Oakley Jawbone at the lessen price tag. Firmoo would Oakley Stpl Jawbone be the speediest raising online network retailing economical on the other hand exceptional health professional prescribed Half X, Oakley Sunglasses Outlet along with eye wear.

Unknown said...

You've got as a final point look vytrqpn to the understanding for you to call for understanding cups. The good Oakley Frogskins news is, about to catch by yourself. While little one Boomers get into centre get older throughout droves, further Oakley Frogskin stores are generally answering and adjusting his or her requires, with their more rapid getting electrical power. as a consequence, the chances throughout understanding Cheap Oakley Sunglasses are generally unlimited! Users are generally zero expanded relegated for you to having your wire-rimmed 50 % eye Oakley Jawbone throughout the conclude in the nasal, along with holding an outside set of two Oakley Jawbones pertaining to understanding while using sun's rays.

Unknown said...

Apart from protecting mnbgqhj your eyes from Oakley Sunglasses Cheap the flying debris and pollutants, the most important function of Half X Oakley is to protect the eyes from the harmful Oakley Sunglasses Discount sunlight and UV ray. Most of the Sale Oakley Sunglasses available on the market are with Oakley Jawbone inferior qualities and they only provide Oakley Stpl Jawbone you a beautiful look instead of blocking the UV ray. But Half X in fact, you can still find some cheap wholesale Oakley Sunglasses Outlet that are with higApart from protecting mnbgqhj your eyes from Oakley Sunglasses Cheap the flying debris and pollutants, the most important function of Half X Oakley is to protect the eyes from the harmful Oakley Sunglasses Discount sunlight and UV ray. Most of the Sale Oakley Sunglasses available on the market are with Oakley Jawbone inferior qualities and they only provide Oakley Stpl Jawbone you a beautiful look instead of blocking the UV ray. But Half X in fact, you can still find some cheap wholesale Oakley Sunglasses Outlet that are with high quality if you are able to judge whether they have the anti-UV function?
h quality if you are able to judge whether they have the anti-UV function?

Linda said...

I am happy to find this post very useful for me
Papa Louie 2

Run 3 | Stick Run 2 |friv4school | girls go games
Run 2 | unblocked games